Insuring your museum is about much more than making sure your premises and displays are covered. Just as the exhibits you display are unique, the insurance policy they rightfully command should be too.
Every museum will have different requirements, meaning a standard insurance policy may not offer the required protection. Our museum insurance is ideally suited to independent, local authority, historic houses and contemporary museums that need to protect their assets as well as their staff.
We work with you to source the most appropriate museum insurance policy for your needs, understanding that we need to be flexible and professional throughout.
In order to achieve that goal here at Alan & Thomas, we have a dedicated Heritage Insurance team who specialise in insuring museums and your unique exhibits. Our expert advisers understand the specific needs associated with museum insurance and the difficulties around valuing artefacts. They will get to know how you run your museum and offer advice on relevant insurance cover.
As an independent insurance broker, we work closely with a number of the UK’s leading insurers in the field of heritage insurance and can tailor the policy to suit your individual needs. Our museum insurance can offer you the right cover at a competitive price.
Please contact us for further details and your free quotation.
Proud members of the Museums Association
Benefits of our Museum Insurance can include:
- Buildings cover including listed buildings
- Cover for your artefacts and exhibits including agreed value cover
- Cover for depreciation in value following restoration in the event of an insured loss
- Trustee Indemnity cover
- Cover for items on loan
- Cover for items away from the premises
- Business Interruption cover
- Legal Expenses
For an informal discussion and a free quotation for your Museum insurance, please call our Heritage Team on 01202 754911 or you can request a quote by simply clicking on Get a Quote above
About Alan & Thomas
Firmly established as one of the top 100 independent insurance brokers in the UK, we have been providing personalised Art, Collectables, Dealers and Property insurance policies since 1975. Using a network of 37 independent brokers known as Brokerbility, our expert team can offer a local and personal service across the whole of the UK.
Chartered Insurance Brokers
Having been awarded the highly regarded title of "Chartered Insurance Broker" by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) back in 2007, this made us the first independent broker in Dorset to have achieved this status.
Why Choose Alan & Thomas?
- Top 100 UK independent broker* with Chartered Insurance Broker status
- Free no obligation review and quotation
- Talk to a heritage insurance expert to guide you through the process
- Bespoke levels of cover tailored to your individual requirements
- Competitive premiums underwritten by the UK's leading heritage insurers
- Dedicated in-house claims team who will deal with any claim on your behalf
- Payment of premium by monthly instalment available (subject to status)
- Free access to online risk management services
* Top 100 Independent Brokers 2014 published by Insurance Age in association with Cornell Consulting