Antique Dealers Insurance
Whether you own a shop, hire a cabinet in an antique centre, work from home or attend fairs and exhibitions, your heritage insurance cover for your business should be as unique as the antiques you sell.
It's important to remember that many 'blanket' policies often fail to cover many of the trade-specific activities that you may carry out, such as cleaning, restoring or valuing items and as such, your existing antique dealer insurance policy may leave you vulnerable.
Why choose us for Antique Dealers Insurance?
Here at Alan & Thomas, our specialist heritage team offer bespoke insurance specifically for antique dealers. As we are an independent broker – meaning we are not tied to any one insurance company – so we can offer you competitive premiums, whilst ensuring you have the right levels of cover specific to your needs.
All our antique dealer insurance policies are designed with the individual in mind, with each policy package customised to suit your specific needs. Our insurance experts can create unique policies for a huge range of antique trades including antique dealer, antique furniture repairs, antique book dealers, art dealers, art galleries, art valuers, auctioneers and many more.
We will provide cover for your stock, as well as cover for when you are exhibiting at fairs or exhibitions in the UK or overseas. Cover for defective title is available, as well as cover for depreciation in value following restoration in the event of a loss.
What insurances do Antique Dealers need?
There are a number of different insurances that should be considered if you regularly deal with antiques or works of art, and the relevance of each will relate to your level of interaction. For example, auctioneers will rarely handle individual pieces whereas antique restorers will regularly handle items when restoring pieces.
With that in mind, you'll want to consider a policy that includes art in motion, theft, damage and liability insurances among others. When you talk to one of our antique dealer insurance experts, we can guide you through the process step by step to ensure your new policy is ideally suited to your needs and the premiums remain affordable.
We also provide a free no obligation review and quote to see if we can better your current antique dealers insurance policy - just call our office directly on 01202 754911 to speak to an advisor.
Benefits of our Antique Dealers Insurance can include:
- Antique stock cover up to any amount
- Fairs & Exhibitions cover
- Cover for stock away from the premises
- Cover for depreciation in value following restoration in the event of an insured loss
- Cover for postal sendings
- Defective Title cover
- Shoplifting cover
- Buildings cover
- Liability cover
- Business Interruption cover
- Legal Expenses
For an informal discussion and a free quotation for your Antique Dealer insurance, please call our Heritage Team on 01202 754911 or you can request a quote by simply clicking on Get a Quote above.
About Alan & Thomas
Firmly established as one of the top 100 independent insurance brokers in the UK, we have been providing personalised Art, Collectables, Dealers and Property insurance policies since 1975. Using a network of 37 independent brokers known as Brokerbility, our expert team can offer a local and personal service across the whole of the UK.
Chartered Insurance Brokers
Having been awarded the highly regarded title of "Chartered Insurance Broker" by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) back in 2007, we are currently the only independent broker in Dorset to have achieved this status.
Why Choose Alan & Thomas?
- Top 100 UK independent broker* with Chartered Insurance Broker status
- Free no obligation review and quotation
- Talk to a heritage insurance expert to guide you through the process
- Bespoke levels of cover tailored to your individual requirements
- Competitive premiums underwritten by the UK's leading heritage insurers
- Dedicated in-house claims team who will deal with any claim on your behalf
- Payment of premium by monthly instalment available (subject to status)
- Free access to online risk management services
* Top 100 Independent Brokers 2014 published by Insurance Age in association with Cornell Consulting