When you've spent time and money creating your private collection of works of art or other collectables, you'll want peace of mind that your collection is properly protected should anything happen. Here at Alan & Thomas, we provide bespoke collectables insurance specifically for private individual collectors.
Many standard home and contents insurance policies may only provide basic cover for collections and the cover may also be somewhat limited in scope, with terms and conditions that do not suit your requirements. There may also be strict limits on the amount you can claim for, which could mean your collection is inadequately insured.
Our expert team of private collections insurance advisers has worked closely with a number of the UK's leading insurers to develop a bespoke scheme that can be tailored to the individual needs of collectors. As we are an independent broker – not tied to any one insurance company – we can offer you extremely competitive premiums whilst ensuring you have the right levels of cover.
We can cover a wide range of collectables including stamps, coins, medals, clocks, watches, autographs, toys, bank notes, art, antiques, period costumes, vintage clothing, books & comics, musical instruments, pottery, ceramics, glass, records, furniture, paintings, sculptures and sports memorabilia.
We provide a free no obligation review and quote to see if we can better your current private collection insurance policy.
Benefits of our Private Collections Insurance can include:
- Collection cover up to any amount
- Agreed Value cover
- Cover for items away from the premises
- Cover for postal sendings
- Defective Title cover
- Cover for depreciation in value following restoration in the event of an insured loss
- Legal expenses
For an informal discussion and a free quotation for your Private Collection insurance, please call our Heritage Team on 01202 754911 or you can request a quote by simply clicking on Get a Quote above.
About Alan & Thomas
Firmly established as one of the top 100 independent insurance brokers in the UK, we have been providing personalised Art, Collectables, Dealers and Property insurance policies since 1975. Using a network of 37 independent brokers known as Brokerbility, our expert team can offer a local and personal service across the whole of the UK.
Chartered Insurance Brokers
Having been awarded the highly regarded title of "Chartered Insurance Broker" by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) back in 2007, we are currently the only independent broker in Dorset to have achieved this status.
Why Choose Alan & Thomas?
- Top 100 UK independent broker* with Chartered Insurance Broker status
- Free no obligation review and quotation
- Talk to a heritage insurance expert to guide you through the process
- Bespoke levels of cover tailored to your individual requirements
- Competitive premiums underwritten by the UK's leading heritage insurers
- Dedicated in-house claims team who will deal with any claim on your behalf
- Payment of premium by monthly instalment available (subject to status)
- Free access to online risk management services
* Top 100 Independent Brokers 2014 published by Insurance Age in association with Cornell Consulting