As an Art Consultant, your role means that you will undoubtedly be exposed to many professional risks. From acquiring works of art on behalf of clients to negotiating sales, providing valuations to advising on issues such as framing, hanging and storage, you’ll want to ensure that your daily business activities are adequately protected.
Here at Alan & Thomas, our team of art consultants insurance advisers work closely with a number of the UK's leading insurers so they can arrange insurance policies that can be tailored to the individual needs of art consultants. As we are an independent broker – not tied to any one insurance company – we can offer you extremely competitive premiums, whilst ensuring you have the right levels of cover.
We can provide cover for any artwork you have in your care, custody and control, as well as cover away from your premises on a worldwide basis and depreciation in value cover following restoration in the event of a loss.
It is important to consider having professional indemnity cover in place as well, as your clients and artists will be relying on you to provide them with professional advice. Without this, if your advice is deemed to be negligent, you could be held accountable for any financial loss sustained by them.
We provide a free no obligation review and quote to see if we can better your current art consultants insurance policy.
Benefits of our Art Consultants Insurance can include:
- Fine Art stock cover up to any amount
- Worldwide cover for stock away from the premises
- Cover for items on loan
- Cover for depreciation in value following restoration in the event of an insured loss
- Defective Title cover
- Public & Employer’s liability cover
- Professional Indemnity
- Business Interruption
- Legal Expenses
For an informal discussion and a free quotation for your Art Consultants insurance, please call our Heritage Team on 01202 754911 or you can request a quote by simply clicking on Get a Quote above.
About Alan & Thomas
Firmly established as one of the top 100 independent insurance brokers in the UK, we have been providing personalised Art, Collectables, Dealers and Property insurance policies since 1975. Using a network of 37 independent brokers known as Brokerbility, our expert team can offer a local and personal service across the whole of the UK.
Chartered Insurance Brokers
Having been awarded the highly regarded title of "Chartered Insurance Broker" by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) back in 2007, we are currently the only independent broker in Dorset to have achieved this status.
Why Choose Alan & Thomas?
- Top 100 UK independent broker* with Chartered Insurance Broker status
- Free no obligation review and quotation
- Talk to a heritage insurance expert to guide you through the process
- Bespoke levels of cover tailored to your individual requirements
- Competitive premiums underwritten by the UK's leading heritage insurers
- Dedicated in-house claims team who will deal with any claim on your behalf
- Payment of premium by monthly instalment available (subject to status)
- Free access to online risk management services
* Top 100 Independent Brokers 2014 published by Insurance Age in association with Cornell Consulting